Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Here's the Deal About Richardson Towers

ok, so last night i walked in to my dorm after my night class to find my roommate sitting on her bed starring at the ceiling. She continued to whisper, almost eerily, "Meg, there's a bug in the corner of the ceiling." I look in the corner, and low and behold, there was a sizeable roach right in the corner of the ceiling above her bed. She was visably shooken up, as was I when I was informed of the predicament. Both of us are complete wooses and kept trying to talk the other one into killing the little creature. It was decided that it was only fair that she kill the critter since it was on her side of the room and above her bed. At this point, both of us were terrified. The bug wasnt moving, and we weren't sure if it was dead or alive. I could only think about what would happen if we didnt kill it. It could crawl over to my side, and crawl over my face while I was sleeping. There was no way I was even going to let that be a possibility. Mel, my roommate, decided to film the ordeal of her killing the bug and post it on facebook. So it was the moment, or many many moments, of truth. Melissa was going to send that critter to its maker! This was it for that sick, disgusting creature! Armed with a shoe, Melissa stood on her bed facing the roach. My job was to watch, move the computer to where the web cam could pick up every bit of the action, and to motivate Mel in her efforts. The video ended up being seven minutes long. I just kept saying "I'm so sorry you have to go through this melissa, you can do it!" Melissa kept explaining that it wasn't necessarily killing the bug that she was afraid of, it was how close she had to be to the roach in order to kill it. She was also very afraid of the fact that if she smacked the bug with the shoe and it fell, it would fall directly onto her bed, and no one wants bugs in their bed. She also didnt want it to escape away to where we would never find it again. We couldnt bear to think about living among roaches, the most disgusting of bugs. As she got closer, she could see the tentacles coming out of the face of the roach. This was deeply disturbing obviously. After much coaching, encouraging, and motivating, Melissa succeeded in finding the courage to kill the forsaken bug. After flushing the roach, Melissa and I (even though I did basically nothing) both felt an overwhelming sense of accomplishment. I was so proud of her, as silly as it sounds. So anyway-there are roaches in richardson towers!!!! Be on the look out residents!! THey're large and disgustng and really creepy. I really want to talk to the people downstairs or the maintance men or something and inform them not only of this problem, but my extreme dissatisfaction with this problem. I'm loaded for bear about this, and am ready to chew someone out!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

dont feel bad, im terrified of the ugly things myself

M0N!QU3 M!(H3LL3 M. said...

i stopped reading after i got to the part about the tentacles in the bug's face. i didn't even know roaches had tentacles. how strange! and gross!!! makes me itch. lol

Poon said...

Roaches suck <_< I wish they would all just die.

emilyanne said...

haha the other day when i was staying at my parents house i saw a huge spider on the floor. im not really a baby about things like that, but i just cant step on bugs. i cant stsnd the crunchy noise they make when you step on them. so i put a cup over it. fro that point i didnt know what to do so i just left it there, with the cup over it for a couple days until someone came over and stepped on it for me. gross