Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pimp-Gotta Go Both Ways

Okay, I am SOOO over guys calling eachother pimps when they hook up with a lot of girls. This has been an ongoing discussion between me and my boyfriend, who talks about guys who get lots of girls like they are gods. Every time we talk about one of his boys who gets his, z, my boyfriend always says something along the lines of "dude is pimpin" or "so and so is a pimp". But whenever I say one of my friends, or any girl really, hooked up with someone, or really gets around, his response is "she's a little slut" or whore or anything along those lines. Definitley names with negative connotations. But when guys do the EXACT SAME THING, they are pimps or names with posotive connotations. And i especially hate, HATE when he sees one of his boys that I guess hooked up with a girl the night before, and he gives them that stupid little handshake they do. I just wanna jump up, break the handshake apart and chew them both out. I really dont have anything against people hooking up. Really, i dont. I think at this age people are capable of making their own decisions and facing the consequences. What I am against is the double standards in this area between men and women. If it is great and honorable when guys get theirs, then it is great and honorable when women get theirs as well. It's only fair that way. I told my boyfriend that from now on, he wont use either word in front of me unless he can learn to use either positive, or negative connotated words for both girls or guys. He said that's just how it is. Thats how it has always been, guys are supposed to get it from a lot of girls because thats just how guys work. And I guess girls are just supposed to bear the brunt of the name calling and not supposed to stick up for themselves. I told him, if that is the case, then i am going to do my best to change our culture in this area. It is messed up, hypocritical, and anti-women if you choose to call girls sluts and whores, but keep on worshipping the males who hook up with all the girls. So we gotta come up with a positive name for girls who get around, or we gotta come up with a negative name for guys who get theirs. It's only fair people.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

AMEN!

Poon said...

yeah, it's really annoying along with it being just wrong.