Friday, November 30, 2007

so i just got back from lunch with my dad. He called me about a week ago and said he would be in the area and wanted to get lunch. He is in the travel business and so I figured he had a meeting to go to in Memphis or something. He said to meet him at cracker barrel in exit 12. So i go to cracker barrel, got a table, and waited for my dad. The next thing I know, the guy at the table next to me said "oh look! a tour bus." I turned around and there is my dad on the loud speaker inside the bus. He is a tour operator and puts iteneraries together and runs large groups' trips. Mostly school groups and senior citizen groups. I just had a hinch that inside the bus were a bunch of geezers. I was absolutely correct. After my dad got off the bus, he was followed by close to 40 people between the ages of about 60-80. He didnt even tell me he was going to have a group with him! It turns out that they were on their way back from 4 days in Branson, Missouri. My dad takes groups to Branson a lot on account of it is geezer central. All that's there is a lot of old people shows and like museums and stuff. My dad said that they went to a show where their bus was one of 43 tour buses full of senior citizens! That's a ton of old people! I, myself am a little scared of old people. I really dont know why, and I shouldn't be since my dad is so good with them. My dad and I sat at a table with the bus driver, who kept starring at me and after lunch said right in front of me "Meg has beautiful eyes, I got lost in them sitting across from her." I couldn't really tell if he was just being a sweet old man, or if it was kinda wierd. I kinda got a wierd vibe from him though. I really hate cracker barrel, is one of my least favorite restaurants. I am beginning to think that I maybe just don't like southern style food so much. I had grilled chicken and fried okra, it was alright. My dad kept introducing me to different people in the group saying, "Oh you gotta meet this person" or "I really want to introduce you to this person." I just smiled and laughed at their jokes, it wasn't too hard. It was very good getting to see my dad and talk to him about what was going on at school and I got to ask him what was up back home.

No comments: